Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Dear You,

~ February 14th, 2014 ~

Dear You,

I've never had a boyfriend. Unless you count the boy in 2nd grade.
Haha, and I've never kissed a single soul.

But today I woke up and decided to dress nice.
You know, like actually try to get ready.
It's definitely a struggle, especially when there's no one you're trying to impress.
I even put on a pink shirt to be festive like
all the other single girls did at school.

<3 <3 <3

Mostly, I decided to dress up for you.
And I don't even know who you are.
Or where you are, or if you like sushi. (I don't like sushi)
All I know is that someday you and I will cross paths.
And on that someday we will fall in a puddle
called love.

Maybe the day we meet I'll be having the worst hair day ever.
But that won't matter.
And maybe the day we meet I'll be having the best hair day ever.
But that won't matter either.

Because love isn't based on appearance.
Love isn't based on the unimportant stuff.

And it probably won't be 'love at first sight' because
I'm not sure if love works that way.
But maybe it will.
To be honest I don't really know how love works.
But it works.

                                          I hope this is how it feels.

Basically I just wanted you to know I was thinking about you today.
And I hope you are having a good day. 
I hope you can't wait to meet me because I can't wait to meet you.


And I'm sorry this letter isn't very good
and even though I don't know
who you are,
you make me feel dumb and amazing all at the same time
because that's how love is supposed to make you feel.

xoxo

From, Me



5 comments:

  1. "Because love isn't based on appearance.Love isn't based on the unimportant stuff." This and the stanza about what kind of hair day. So clever. Love love love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "you make me feel dumb and amazing all at the same time"

    Great line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "And on that someday we will fall in a puddle
    called love." Gosh, I love this.

    ReplyDelete