Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Journal of Dots & Late Night Thoughts

February 7th 2014

Today my seminary class discussed how man is nothing compared to the universe, but to God we are everything.
We talked about how we live on a medium sized planet - in an average galaxy.
With hundreds of thousands of stars that dot the night sky.
I learned that we spin at a 1000 miles per hour rotation.
And all the stars and planets we see are only a small part of this universe.
We live in 1 out of 100 million other galaxies.

When I got home from school, there was an article on KSL about a rover who took a picture of us on Mars. 

{look there's you & me}


And I loled b/c CNN quoted the obvious - it's a dot in the sky. 
I can't get over how tiny we are. If Earth is a dot then we are truly nothing compared to the universe. It's like Horton Hears a Who all over again.
We are here, we are here. I promise I am here.

February 8th 2014

Sitting with my head on the cold window as rain pours down like tears. 

And I'm thinking how crazy it is that there's more to life than just breathing and living. 

Crazy to think that I'm here on this earth and my purpose is way bigger than just sitting in the backseat of my family's suburban watching the red break lights flash in front of us.

Crazy to think that all I am is a speck in this galaxy, yet I am so much more than just a speckBecause Dr. Seuss said "a person's a person, no matter how small."

And while that rover on Mars took the snapshot of you and me, we were learning, working, driving, spending time with those we love, struggling, crying, laughing, sighing, sleeping, whining, living. 

And even though we can't see ourselves in the picture, even though our Earth is simply a dot, and we are simply specks, we are alive and we are meant to be more than a speck on our world.

February 9th 2014

"The vast expanse of eternity, the glories and mysteries of infinite space and time are all built for the benefit of ordinary mortals like you and me."

1 comment:

  1. "Crazy to think that all I am is a speck in this galaxy, yet I am so much more than just a speck." -Stolen

    ReplyDelete