Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2014

The list

I am afraid of hair in the shower drain.
Of tongues because tongues are muscles and people French kiss with them.
I am afraid of taking out the garbage on Fridays because what if I found a dead body in the trash can?
Of people who walk on the side of the road at night with their hoods over their heads.
My dad's white nose hairs.
Of becoming a hoarder.
Getting stuck in a freezer and dying silently.
Falling into a port-a-potty.
I'm afraid of untied shoelaces when it's raining and stepping on wriggling worms.

I'm also afraid I've been diagnosed with what they call insecurities. it's a disease. Except everyone has it.

They say when you're honest with your insecurities it's easier to overcome them so here I go:

I am terrified of walking past kids in the hallways. 
Sometimes I get panic attacks.
Sometimes I wish I were a turtle so I could hide in my shell and slowly sneak away without anyone noticing me.

I'm terrified of letting people see who I really am.
Asking for help is so hard.
I am horrified of talking to most of you who are reading this and it's hard for me to say that.

I'm self conscious about my body.
My legs, my mole, my face, my butt, my weight. Just me in general, I guess.

Death.

I'm afraid of letting my parents down. 
I'm afraid of driving.
I'm afraid of being noticed.
Of people asking me questions.
Of change.
Of living on my own.






2 comments:

  1. You summed up fear in the best way. I really really love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this. You were equal parts random and strange, but also honest and familiar.

    If that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete